Friday, May 7, 2010

Only 3 Hours of Sleep

Yep, I'm a new mom. That's why I only had 3 hrs of sleep today. In my sleep deprived state I thought that it would be a fun project to start a blog about being a mom (a new and inexperienced mom). Not that this in an original idea or concept. And not that this blog would ever aspire to have a movie made about it. But, it will chronicle my life as a new mom and will be a place that I will share some of the helpful hints and ideas that are found along the way. You, the reader, will also be able to read about all the trials and challenges that my baby, husband, and I experience. Well here we go.

So, why did I only have 3 hours of sleep? Gas. Not colic, thank God. But simple elemental Gas. And I still haven't mastered the "sleep while your baby is sleeping" thing. Imagine a cranky gassy baby that only relaxes and calms when curled up on mommy's chest. I'm sure that almost all moms have experienced this. And I'm going to be honest here, I love it. I love that I have this ability to sooth a cranky baby with just a cuddle. Anyway, I digress. So, here I am sitting up in bed allowing the sweet innocent wee one to sleep while I try to stay comfortable and keep my foot from falling asleep. The foot that was curled under me so that I could prop up my arm that kept the sweet little baby from rolling off onto the hard floor and crack his scull open. This being another reason I can not allow myself to fall asleep. Anyway, about 3 am, "Nugget" as I'll be calling him, starts smacking his tongue against the roof of his mouth. I know what this means. Hungry. I knew it was coming. It's also inevitable that he would then need to be changed and then we have to try to get a gassy baby back to sleep. Well, at 3:14 am I had to get hubby to try to calm him and get him to sleep while I got some sleep. He of course had no problem. Binky and a rocking bassinet works wonders when daddy does it.

Now, fast forward 3 hours. 6 am. Hungry Nugget. It's dad's turn. Dad feeds Nugget and proceeds to burp Nugget. This is not normally exciting. Not until a little Nugget takes a big ol' poo. Again this is not something that would be extra extraordinary. Daddy has no probs with changing poo diapers. But there was a serious failure of the diaper containment zone. Oh Meh Gah. It's 6 am and I've only had 3 hrs of sleep. We are dealing with a failed containment zone on 3 hrs of sleep. Needless to say we all got cleaned up and then hubby and I had a nice laugh over the whole incident. But in my sleep deprived state I thought "I need to share these stories with the world". Why? Why does everyone need to know about this. You don't. I don't have to share it with anyone, but I'm going to anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment