Saturday, May 8, 2010

Advice you can use...

My little Nugget is 3 weeks and 4 days old.  You probably know that you get all kinds of advice when people find out you are pregnant, some you can use and some you discard.

The most used and most appreciated bit advice thus far is this...waterproof pads and layering.  Here's what you do, layer a waterproof pad and then a sheet, waterproof pad and sheet, and repeat.  Why?  Let us imagine it is 2am and your little one has just wet his diaper.  He/she peed so much that it overflowed the diaper and now the crib sheets are wet.  Do you really want to be changing sheets and diapers at 2am?  I don't.  See where I'm going with this?  Wet sheets, just remove a layer of sheet and waterproof pad and your done.  Fabulous idea right!!!  Thanks to my friend Jessica for this one, it saved us so many nights.  There was even a night that we went through 3 layers.  I couldn't imagine having to change the sheets each time there was a pee containment failure.  The pads can be a bit pricey, but believe me it is so worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. I am going to send this to everyone I know! Someone actually appreciated my advice!! Yay! I am very glad you found it usedful.
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete